Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Cafe Rio inspired Green Sauce

I love this green sauce on Cafe Rio style sweet pork tacos. It's just the perfect finishing touch. I started with a recipe for Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing by Our Best Bites, but I've altered a few of the amounts and ingredients over time. This makes more than you need for a batch of the sweet pork, but I've learned that it actually freezes really well! Yay!! Then the next time you're craving sweet pork tacos, you don't have to make a new batch of sauce. :) 

1 pack (1 oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (honestly, I just use Aldi brand)
ignore directions on packet 
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup buttermilk or milk (I almost always use milk)
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 cup roughly chopped cilantro (or more!)
1/4 cup green salsa* (I often double this one!)

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend it up really well. That's it. 

*I've used various types of green salsa. I've even made my own. Just look for one that has tomatillos as the main ingredient and isn't too hot (a little kick is fine). 


No comments:

Post a Comment