Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Have you ever tried Dairy Queen's Frozen Hot Chocolate? It is one of my favorite treats and, in my experience, it's always available even if it's not on their menu. Full disclosure - this recipe isn't as good as Dairy Queen's. I just can't duplicate that perfectly delicious chocolaty taste. But I did my best and, after several mediocre attempts, came up with a sufficient and surprisingly easy substitute. Plus, I can make this recipe 8-10 times for the price of one DQ serving!

1 c. crushed ice
1/2 c. chocolate milk*
1 packet Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix**

Combine ingredients and blend until ice is broken down to almost a milkshake consistency (there will still be tiny beads of ice). I use an immersion blender, but a regular blender should work just as well. Recipe can easily be doubled.

*I use the premade chocolate milk from the store. I tried chocolate almond milk and didn't like it quite as much. I haven't tried any of the powdered versions like Nestle, etc.
**I tried other brands and flavors of Hot Cocoa and Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate was always our favorite. But use what you have on hand. A different brand isn't a good enough reason to miss out on this yummy treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment