Monday, January 18, 2021

Almond Lovers Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've made a couple of minor changes to this recipe I got from my friend, Karey. I'm an almond fan so I love the flavor of these cookies, but they are not the prettiest things. I use an 8 oz. box of Solo Almond Paste so I double the recipe since I have no idea what to do with leftover almond paste. The baked cookies freeze well so you won't have to consume 9 dozen all at once. :)

2 sticks softened butter
¾ c. sugar
¾ c. brown sugar
4 oz. almond paste (I use the boxed Solo brand)
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
2 ½ c. flour (bake one batch and see if you need an extra ¼ c. flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ bag chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate)
        Preheat oven to 350°. Beat the butter and sugars until well combined, light and fluffy. Add the almond paste in pieces until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix well.
        In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Scoop onto a silicone mat or parchment lined baking sheet with a medium cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just golden crisp on the outside. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment