Friday, January 15, 2021

The Best Rhubarb Pie

Hands down, this is the best rhubarb pie ever. I didn't even know I liked rhubarb pie until I tried this. The recipe is from Jeff's Grandma Wavra and I hope it stays in the family for generations to come. Oh yum!

1 ½ c. sugar
1 Tbsp. butter
2 well beaten eggs
3 Tbsp. flour
½ tsp. nutmeg
3 c. rhubarb, cut in small pieces
        This pie is best with a lattice crust, but a double crust works just as well. Can also be made without top crust. (I'm a lazy cook so I often opt for no top crust, but the lattice crust is prettiest if you're willing to take the time.) 
        In an unbaked pie crust (8-inch pie pan), arrange rhubarb. Blend sugar, flour, nutmeg and butter. Add eggs. Beat until smooth. Pour over rhubarb. Place lattice or full crust over top, if desired. Bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment