Friday, January 15, 2021

Chocolate Cloud

This was one of my favorite desserts growing up. I still love it! I know I'm not the only one because the last time I made it, I took it to a friend's home who had invited us over for dinner. Her little boy loved it so much that he couldn't get enough and licked his plate completely clean. It was the cutest and made me feel like the best cook ever. :)

1 pkg. (9 ounces) Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers*, crushed
¼ c. margarine, melted
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. milk
1 lb. marshmallows
1 pint whipping cream, whipped
1 tsp. vanilla
        Mix wafers, margarine and nuts in a bowl and spread half of mixture on bottom of 9x13 pan. Melt marshmallows with milk in top of double boiler or in microwave, stirring often. Cool a bit. Fold into whipped cream. Add vanilla. Pour over wafer mixture. Top with remaining wafer mixture. Refrigerate for several hours before serving. 
*These wafers are hard to find, so you can sub chocolate sandwich cookies, with or without the cream in the middle. I've used both with success.

No comments:

Post a Comment