Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Broccoli Bacon Salad

Hands down, this is the all-time best salad ever. I could eat this everyday. (Do I say that too much? I need to stop posting recipes when I'm hungry...) My friend, Marcia, gave me this recipe and I went for years thinking it was hard to make so, naturally, I never made it. Then one day I did. You know what? It's not hard. It's actually really easy and so delicious that I was mad at myself for waiting so long. Don't make the same mistake. 

6 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces

Half of a red onion, minced

16 oz. bacon, cut in small pieces and cooked crisp

1 pkg. craisins

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup salted sunflower seeds (wait and stir these in with the dressing to keep them crunchy.)

Mix altogether and refrigerate. About ½ hour before serving, wisk together dressing (recipe below) and pour over broccoli mixture. Stir together then serve.


Dressing:

1 ½ cups mayonnaise

¾ cup sugar

3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar


No comments:

Post a Comment