Wednesday, January 27, 2021

(Marta's) Coconut Crispy Chocolate Chunk Cookies

These might be my favorite. I mean, I have seasonal favorites like Peppermint Balls at Christmas or Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies and Chewy Gingersnaps as soon as fall weather hits, but these are always a good idea. Sadie, who is not a dark chocolate fan, prefers them with no chocolate chips so I'll sometimes bake a pan full before adding those. Either way, the combination of flavors is SO good! (I have made minor modifications to the original recipe which I found here.)

2 sticks butter, softened
1 ½ c. brown sugar
¾ c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 ¼ c. flour (sometimes I need a little extra flour, no more than ¼ c.)
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
2 ¼ c. Crispy Rice cereal
1 ¾ c. chocolate chunks (or chips), preferably dark
1 ½ c. sweetened coconut flakes
        Preheat oven to 350°. In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium-high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. On low speed, beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Add dry ingredients, careful not to over-beat the batter. Mix in Crispy Rice, chocolate chunks and coconut on low speed just until well dispersed. Eye ball it and see if you need any more of the marvelous mix-ins.
        Roll dough into balls, a bit smaller than ping pong ball size. (I use my cookie scoop.) Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 9-11 minutes (9 minutes in my oven), just until the golden softly set up stage. Let them cool on the sheet for a minute or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment