Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Spritz Cookies

I bought a Wilton cookie press years ago and this is the recipe that came with it. The cute little cookies are so perfect in their shape, flavor, and texture that I've never had the desire to look for another recipe. My kids love these and it makes me wonder why I don't make them more often.

1 ½ c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond extract
3 ½ c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
        Preheat oven to 375°. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and almond extract; mix well. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing to make a smooth dough. Do not chill. Shape dough into small logs and place in cookie press. Press cookies onto cool, ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until barely browning around edges. Remove cookies from sheet; cool on rack. Makes 7-8 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment