Saturday, January 16, 2021

Apple Pie

This is an easy, no-frills apple pie recipe, but you can feed me apple pie until the cows come home and I'll never find one I like better. This was my dad's favorite so I always made it for him when he came to visit. I'd give anything to make it for him again. (Great, now I'm bawling...)

1 pie crust (not deep dish unless you want to use a lot more apples)
4+ large granny smith apples
½ c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
        Peel, core, and slice apples. Place them in pie shell and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar after each layer or so. Continue until apples are heaping in pie shell.

Topping:
½ c. sugar
¾ c. flour
1/3 c. butter or margarine
        Combine with a pastry blender until crumbly. Spoon over apples and pat down with hands to form the top “crust.” Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet at 400° for 40-50 minutes.
        Check the outer crust edge every so often and cover only that part with foil, if needed, to keep from burning. Or do what I sometimes do and cut off that rim of crust before baking. It's unconventional, but it won't burn if it's not there! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment