Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Salsa

One more salsa recipe. Admittedly, I haven't made this salsa for a few years, but I do remember it being delicious so I thought it worth including here. I got this from my friend, Susan, a thousand years ago. Looking over it now, I think I might need to whip up a batch sooner rather than later...

2 cups peeled, chopped Roma tomatoes

½ cup finely chopped sweet onion

1 tsp. minced fresh cilantro

1 Tbsp. sugar

1 tsp. salt

½ tsp. oregano

2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

1 Tbsp. lime or lemon juice

1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Cover and chill at least two hours.

[substitutions: I made a few adjustments based on what I had on hand the first time I made this. It tasted delicious so it’s fairly versatile. First, I did not peel the tomatoes and I used big slicing tomatoes instead of Roma. I used red onion instead of sweet. I didn’t have red wine vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar. I think Jeff would have preferred slightly less sugar and lime, but he liked it anyway.]


No comments:

Post a Comment