Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Baked Bacon

 This is the only way to cook bacon, as far as I'm concerned. I learned this technique from Our Best Bites and I'll never go back. I manage to fit a pound of bacon on the baking sheet by scrunching it up a bit. It still bakes fine even if it's not flat. 

Turn oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lay out bacon slices in a single layer, avoiding overlap. Place pan in oven (no need to wait for it to preheat) for about 12-15 minutes, 15-17 minutes for crispier bacon (I start with 17 minutes and go from there). Cooking time will also depend on the thickness of the slices. Immediately remove bacon from pan and place on paper towels to soak up grease.

When the bacon is cool, place the same paper towels used to drain the bacon right onto the baking sheet. They will soak up the grease. Then take the foil and wrap it up into itself. Toss in garbage.


No comments:

Post a Comment